Friday, September 14, 2007












Guiding the way!
Pinpointing the apple destination with visual prompts

ONLY, the facade Description

Consider the arrows in the plan, the humble symbol is so familiar as a visual sign. its simplicity and utility perfectly illustrate the power to keep on navigate the broad and winding,

Baby born facade design gives a statement about developing effective symbols that slice through visual clutter, about coining a vocabulary of shapes and colors that helps the baby born Navigate and guide the world around him. following the 2 Axis of the site potential customers sources.

Arrows as symbols are ubiquitous and universal.

In Babyborn case, it comes up with a new symbol to devise new icon and facade design direction so effectively and naturally that they seem as familiar and intuitive as an arrow

The babyborn facade's design elements suggest movement and direction as well as generates delight in the public place.

Apple's facade geometery, sign and potentials create a land mark.

3 comments:

Eddie Alvarado said...

Amr,

Okay, I'll bite, As a visitor when I arrive in the square and see you store I start to experience from the vanishing point. When I enter, how is the arrow three dimensional/fourth dimensional? Does the vertical travel address this or the openings in the slabs? What is the ultimate destination? or is it a continuous experience of infinity?

bac dmarch said...

Amr,

If I understand your proposal correctly, the intent is to use the façade to communicate something about how to get around the building. Way finding is an important aspect of the users experience within a building, and I applaud your effort. It also nicely ties your aquarium work with your studio work. If this is the case, I have a couple of thoughts / questions about this.

One concern is in praise of silence. For me, the Boylston Street façade is the only moment of relative calm in your building. I say relative because in some situations this façade would be louder foreground. In your proposal, it quietly invites one into a perceived minimalist setting, alters them upon approach, and then sends them swirling through time and space. The experience of the inside is very different from their experience on the outside. The modernists would have it that this experience should be communicated through the façade in some way. However, I wonder if this is the best use of your façade. Initially, I was hoping the time / color scale might be revealed along the front of your building. Thus, the inquiring user might note this upon entry, consider it while inside, and then get lost in thought amongst the ipods. In my story, upon exiting the user would reflect on their experience and see it writ large on the façade of your building and have a revelatory moment. After further consideration of the gesture of your façade, I feel it is best left alone. It is not a static presentation to the city. Coupling the angle (creating entry and exit) with translucency / luminosity provides an invitation. It says to the pedestrian, “come boy, come look inside, there is a world to see”. The surface of water reveals apparitions of shimmering fish below; it does not allow a full view of their aqueous world. It is a hint, but not enough to reveal its entirety. To see the entirety, one must break the surface and go below.

I still feel you need to break the surface of the Dartmouth Street side and see within.

Gus G.-Angulo said...

I completely understand your comment about building on the site. In your construction model is very evident that this makes a very understandable idea and give you the context right there. I really enjoyed your graphics and the project has come along very nicely. The communication deal I totally buy it; I see I t as a “magnet” for people….
I am looking forward to see more and your ideas for packaging
Gus

BAC, Distance March, Design Studio

Apple Store, Boston , MA