Sunday, September 2, 2007

Section (progress)

Art and Technology joined forces at the apple store!
A maze of laser beams shoots across the bounces off the mirrored glass brick surfaces of a volume-like spaces through which visitors (potential customers) walk.


Above is my first section for the Newborn apple store!

I struggled alot with myself to avoid doing it earlier, but now I believe I have the enough Ideas and several concepts that feeds my project.

My Email yesterday probably was a trial from me to avoid going deep in drawing a real section at the moment!,as the schedule is so intensive and i wish i had more time to put much more in the conceptual process.
I must apologize for any confusion that my email may have cause!
I am being encouraged by Ted in and after the intensive, to start doing sections and do more (Architecture work), so i did'
Thanks Ted for your support and everything.

The Email was a good chance for me to talk to all of the Cohort in same time, in one email, something that I miss and feel its necessary that we have open conversation only when all of us get the chance. With respect and preservation of our blog, I think a Java chat or any other method of same time discussion could be helpful, (just my little thoughts).

Its tough for me that after I enjoy working with you for more than 19 hours a day for a week! , then now I don't even talk to you!

I have good friends from Flights, they were seating next to me for 4 hours flight, so what about 19 hours!!!!!

1 comment:

Rick E said...

Amr:

Congratulations on overcoming your resistance to cutting a section though your design. The sections certainly help to understand your design as a building. It is good to see your persistance in sticking to your original intention with the stacking of the building itself. The use of the colored glass block is an elegant way to express that stacking and layering.

BAC, Distance March, Design Studio

Apple Store, Boston , MA